We have been treating many clients with Covid related hair loss over the last two years. The illness triggers a condition called Telogen effluvium in which many healthy growing hairs are pushed into the resting phase prematurely, causing them to shed resulting in thinner looking hair and scalp.
Hair loss is never an easy topic of discussion but as a hairstylist you owe it to your client to provide information that can help them achieve fuller, thicker hair.
Two easy tips to discuss hair loss without making your client uncomfortable:
- Are you having any issues styling your hair?
- If there was one thing you could change about your hair… what would it be?
We use these to spark a conversation without mentioning hair loss at all.
For those of your clients who may be experiencing Covid-related hair loss, or hair loss in general, we recommend the following:
- Revive ProCare cleanser, moisturizer, and scalp micro active treatment daily. Revive products are specifically designed for fine, thinning hair. They are excellent for scalp health and are made exclusively with plant-based ingredients. They are safe for color-treated hair.
- Viviscal vitamins are proven to provide nutrients your hair needs to grow healthy and strong
- Eat a healthy diet with sufficient protein
- Try Laser Hair Therapy which is proven to stop hair loss and help the weaker thinner hair grow stronger over time.