Here are some tips to protect your hair and scalp during the hot summer months:
- Keep hydrated – make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your body as well as your hair hydrated. Your hair also requires moisture to keep it healthy
- Conditioners – will help replace lost moisture due to heat exposure
- Go easy on the heat tools – sun or heat-damaged hair will be more prone to breakage so avoid heat tools as much as possible. Make sure to use a heat protector product if you have to use heat tools.
- Watch out for chemicals – Chlorine will cause hair damage so be careful when swimming in a chlorinated pool. Wet your hair thoroughly prior to swimming as wet hair is less likely to absorb the chlorine. Remember to rinse with cool water after a dip in the pool!
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! – We use sunscreen for our faces and bodies so make sure you use sunscreen for your hair. Look for a leave-in product that has UV protection, your hair will thank you for it.
- Scalp Care – Healthy Scalp, Healthy Hair! Don’t neglect your scalp, especially in the summer months. Heat and sun can damage sensitive scalp skin. We have moisturizers for the scalp to help maintain proper PH balance and create an environment for healthy growing hair.
- Get a trim! – Heat and sun can cause split ends which can lead to breakage, so remember to trim the ends for a healthier head of hair.
Enjoy your summer months, but remember to take care of your hair and scalp. We have a full line of plant-based, natural cleansers and moisturizers to help protect your hair during the summer months!